Green Tea Powder and Instant Tea
Difference between Green Tea Powder and Instant Tea
They both look very similar but are completely different drinks. Of course, both are teas, but the ingredients, production, taste etc. are totally different. We would like to go over step by step how it is different.
1. How it is Made
- Instant teas are brewed first and the green tea are extracted from the tea leaves. They make a green tea concentrate and then dry it out to its powdered form.
- Powdered green teas are ground fine powder of loose leaf. So there are not brewed like instant tea, just simply the tea leaves are grinded into powder form. Usually in ceremonial grade matcha will use traditional stone mill to make into fine ground powder.
2. Difference in Health Benefits
- Since the instant teas are brewed once, the nutrients are said to be the same as brewed green tea. As for the brewed green tea they are said that you can take only one third of its total nutrients.
- On the other hand, green tea powder is simply grinded green tea leaf so you will take in the benefit of the whole tea leaf. That means it will be near three times more nutrients than brewed green tea, which means three times more than instant tea.
3. How it dissolves in water
- What's good is that instant green tea will immediately dissolve in water with no sediment.
- On the other hand, since green tea powder is grinded tea leaf it will not dissolve in tea as well as instant green tea. It will not have any additives that will help the solubility so it will likely to have some sediments.
- Instant tea will have preservatives such as citric acid, maltodextrin, etc to make it easier to dissolve in water.
- As for green tea powder, it will not include any additives or preservatives.
I have put together an info-graphic, hope you can see the difference from the following:
If there are any questions please feel free to ask anytime, Thank you!
>> See More Green Tea Powder Products
Please try out our Green Tea Powders!