In ancient Japan, green tea was considered a medicine due to its known health benefits at the time. It was also something Buddhism monks used during their meditation for its calming effects. Modern science has confirmed these Japanese beliefs in green tea. Many scholars around the world have studied the health benefits of green tea and found the following:
Green tea has many amazing nutrients and substances and the following will be some of the major substances/compounds:
1. Catechin. This substance is type of polyphenol that is said to have powerful antioxidant effect. It has four type of Catechin: EC, EGC, ECG, and EGCG. The EGCGs are considered the most powerful antioxidant within the four types.
2. Vitamins. Green tea is especially abundant in Vitamin C. If you take the green tea in powder type, three servings will be equivalent to one apple. Also the organic compound beta-carotene (vitamin A precursor) is also abundant close to one serving of orange juice.
3. Theanine. It is an unique amino acid that is said to have potential ability to reduce mental and physical stress and provides a calm alertness.
There are many scholars around the world who are experimenting the health benefits of green tea. Some of these benefits are still being debated, so if you plan to use for medical purpose please consult your physician.
1. Prevents Cancer. The powerful antioxidant substance, the EGCGs, are said to prevent the development of cancer cells. There are many experiment that shows that the people who takes green tea has a low possibility of getting cancer.
2. Lowers Blood Sugar, Blood Pressure, and Cholesterol. There is an enzyme that triggers the high blood pressure called the enzyme renin. Catechin has the effect to prevent this enzyme renin to raise the blood pressure. It will also lower bad cholesterol, which makes the ratio of good and bad cholesterol more favorable for the health.
3. Boosts Metabolism. Catechin also is said to have the effect to boost metabolism and reduce the absorption of fat.
4. Relaxation. The combination of theanine and caffeine has the effect to give alert calmness.
5. Natural Deodorizer. The Catechin is said to provide antibacterial effect and eliminates odor. In Japan, used tea leaves are recommended to use as a natural air refresher.
6. Aids Fight for Dementia. Catechin protects from nerves system which leads to aids for dementia.
7. Tooth Decay. The antibacterial effect will protects from cavities and other dental issues.
8. Skin Care. The antioxidant effect from Catechin and vitamin C will protect you from aging skin. In Japan, some beauty magazines recommend to drink green tea for its skin care benefits and health benefits.
>>See Green Tea Powder Products
>>See Green Tea Loose Leaf Products
>>See Japanese Tea Pot Kyusu
*DISCLAIMER. We are not recommending green tea as a cure or remedy for any health ailments. Please consult your physician for any medical problems you may be experiencing. We seek to source current and accurate information for your general knowledge. If you know of any additional informative resources, please contact us.
For teas, it is very important that you store it in a proper way to enjoy the ever lasting best taste. If not stored properly, it may damage the teas and next time you will notice that the teas do not have the same taste or scent.
The points that should be avoided are the following:
Humidity stimulates oxidation of teas, as it will effect the leaf color, tea color, and the scent of the tea.
2. High Temperature
High Temperature stimulates the oxidation of Chlorophyll and Catechin, which effects the color of the teas.
3. Sun Light or any kind of light
Light stimulates the decomposition of Chlorophyll, which will also effect the color of the teas.
Oxygen stimulates the oxidation of Chlorophyll, Catechin, and Vitamin C, which will effect the taste.
5. Smell/fragrance of others
Tea has a strong deodorant efficacy so if you do not seal or close the package properly it will absorb many kind of smells and fragrance.
To avoid the above, please put your teas in a complete sealed environment and store at a cool dark place.
It will be the best to have it in a tea canister or put it in a aluminum package that has a seal. Also we recommend to put it in a refrigerator where it is isolated from strong scent produce and foods. For our ShiZen teas, it all comes with a aluminum package so you can simply seal it tightly and put it in a refrigerator with no worries. Also we do have tea canisters(its on special sale right now:)) too, that will do the job the best.
We really hope you enjoy your teas. If there is any questions please feel free to ask. Thank you:)
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
© 2017 ShiZen Tea.