In ancient Japan, green tea was considered a medicine due to its known health benefits at the time. It was also something Buddhism monks used during their meditation for its calming effects. Modern science has confirmed these Japanese beliefs in green tea. Many scholars around the world have studied the health benefits of green tea and found the following:
Green tea has many amazing nutrients and substances and the following will be some of the major substances/compounds:
1. Catechin. This substance is type of polyphenol that is said to have powerful antioxidant effect. It has four type of Catechin: EC, EGC, ECG, and EGCG. The EGCGs are considered the most powerful antioxidant within the four types.
2. Vitamins. Green tea is especially abundant in Vitamin C. If you take the green tea in powder type, three servings will be equivalent to one apple. Also the organic compound beta-carotene (vitamin A precursor) is also abundant close to one serving of orange juice.
3. Theanine. It is an unique amino acid that is said to have potential ability to reduce mental and physical stress and provides a calm alertness.
There are many scholars around the world who are experimenting the health benefits of green tea. Some of these benefits are still being debated, so if you plan to use for medical purpose please consult your physician.
1. Prevents Cancer. The powerful antioxidant substance, the EGCGs, are said to prevent the development of cancer cells. There are many experiment that shows that the people who takes green tea has a low possibility of getting cancer.
2. Lowers Blood Sugar, Blood Pressure, and Cholesterol. There is an enzyme that triggers the high blood pressure called the enzyme renin. Catechin has the effect to prevent this enzyme renin to raise the blood pressure. It will also lower bad cholesterol, which makes the ratio of good and bad cholesterol more favorable for the health.
3. Boosts Metabolism. Catechin also is said to have the effect to boost metabolism and reduce the absorption of fat.
4. Relaxation. The combination of theanine and caffeine has the effect to give alert calmness.
5. Natural Deodorizer. The Catechin is said to provide antibacterial effect and eliminates odor. In Japan, used tea leaves are recommended to use as a natural air refresher.
6. Aids Fight for Dementia. Catechin protects from nerves system which leads to aids for dementia.
7. Tooth Decay. The antibacterial effect will protects from cavities and other dental issues.
8. Skin Care. The antioxidant effect from Catechin and vitamin C will protect you from aging skin. In Japan, some beauty magazines recommend to drink green tea for its skin care benefits and health benefits.
>>See Green Tea Powder Products
>>See Green Tea Loose Leaf Products
>>See Japanese Tea Pot Kyusu
*DISCLAIMER. We are not recommending green tea as a cure or remedy for any health ailments. Please consult your physician for any medical problems you may be experiencing. We seek to source current and accurate information for your general knowledge. If you know of any additional informative resources, please contact us.
Today I will go over another way to make Organic iced green tea with our ShiZen Tea. Really great for the hot summer. It will be very easy to make but this time it will take a little more time.
We will be using our Sakuraso Tea Pot Kyusu
First, put 1 teaspoon of Organic Sencha Superior Green Tea and fill the Kyusu tea pot with ice. Then add cold water and infuse for 15 minutes.
After steeping it for 15 minutes, then add your tea cup some ice and fill up your cup.
This step is for the second rounds. Usually if you infuse it twice the taste will be lighter for the second round. For that reason, I always recommend to add some Matcha to make the color more brighter and the taste more deeper. Just simply add some Matcha in your kyusu tea pot, like 1/3 of a scoop (not too much). Add some cold water and you will have some of that light green color of Matcha.
There is no need to wait, just pour out the water right away. You will be surprised how beautiful the color comes out.
Enjoy your second round!
Hope you enjoyed! I understand that the first infusion of 15 minutes sounds very long. However, due to the low temperature of the water, it will not extract the bitterness. It will extract the umami (savory)of the tea, which will give great taste and flavor. Organic Sencha Green Tea will work great as well. Please try it on different teas and find out what you like the best.
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
© 2023 ShiZen Tea.