June 09, 2015
Health Benefits of Matcha Green Tea
In ancient Japan, green tea was considered a medicine due to its known health benefits at the time. It was also something Buddhism monks used during their meditation for its calming effects. Modern science has confirmed these Japanese beliefs in green tea. Many scholars around the world have studied the health benefits of green tea and found the following:
Health Substance Inside of Green Tea
Green tea has many amazing nutrients and substances and the following will be some of the major substances/compounds:
1. Catechin. This substance is type of polyphenol that is said to have powerful antioxidant effect. It has four type of Catechin: EC, EGC, ECG, and EGCG. The EGCGs are considered the most powerful antioxidant within the four types.
2. Vitamins. Green tea is especially abundant in Vitamin C. If you take the green tea in powder type, three servings will be equivalent to one apple. Also the organic compound beta-carotene (vitamin A precursor) is also abundant close to one serving of orange juice.
3. Theanine. It is an unique amino acid that is said to have potential ability to reduce mental and physical stress and provides a calm alertness.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
There are many scholars around the world who are experimenting the health benefits of green tea. Some of these benefits are still being debated, so if you plan to use for medical purpose please consult your physician.
1. Prevents Cancer. The powerful antioxidant substance, the EGCGs, are said to prevent the development of cancer cells. There are many experiment that shows that the people who takes green tea has a low possibility of getting cancer.
2. Lowers Blood Sugar, Blood Pressure, and Cholesterol. There is an enzyme that triggers the high blood pressure called the enzyme renin. Catechin has the effect to prevent this enzyme renin to raise the blood pressure. It will also lower bad cholesterol, which makes the ratio of good and bad cholesterol more favorable for the health.
3. Boosts Metabolism. Catechin also is said to have the effect to boost metabolism and reduce the absorption of fat.
4. Relaxation. The combination of theanine and caffeine has the effect to give alert calmness.
5. Natural Deodorizer. The Catechin is said to provide antibacterial effect and eliminates odor. In Japan, used tea leaves are recommended to use as a natural air refresher.
6. Aids Fight for Dementia. Catechin protects from nerves system which leads to aids for dementia.
7. Tooth Decay. The antibacterial effect will protects from cavities and other dental issues.
8. Skin Care. The antioxidant effect from Catechin and vitamin C will protect you from aging skin. In Japan, some beauty magazines recommend to drink green tea for its skin care benefits and health benefits.
Health Experiment Done with Green Tea
We put together a chart that sums up the major experiment that was done.
>>See Green Tea Powder Products
>>See Green Tea Loose Leaf Products
>>See Japanese Tea Pot Kyusu
*DISCLAIMER. We are not recommending green tea as a cure or remedy for any health ailments. Please consult your physician for any medical problems you may be experiencing. We seek to source current and accurate information for your general knowledge. If you know of any additional informative resources, please contact us.
Fresh 2015 Spring Pick Organic Green Tea has Arrived
Our organic green tea are made in the high elevation mountain areas of Shizuoka, which is harvested later than usual spring picks. These were picked in the mid to end of May and were processed by our top level tea artisans. The new spring picks has been processed and packaged early this week, and we are now ready to launch it on our online store.
In this blog, we would like to give a simple introduction of our new shincha green tea and ways to enjoy the tea:
1. Smell the Spring Aroma
Open the package and first try to smell the tea leaf. The smooth tasty aroma will be coming out of the package and I am sure most of you will enjoy this aroma.
2. Feel the Young and Soft Tea Leaf
The spring tea leaves are young and soft. If you touch the organic sencha tea leaves (please touch it gently) you will notice that it is light and soft. This will be one of the distinct differences from the summer tea leaves.
3. Taste the Deep Umami
When you first brew the spring pick organic green tea, I recommend to have it in medium hot water (around 85-90C/185-194F) because you will be able to smell the aroma more clearly with the steam. Then try it again with warm water around 70-80C/158-176F and you will be able to taste the deep umami. Lower temperature will extract more of the umami rather than bitterness. You will be able to enjoy both the taste and aroma of the spring leaves by brewing it in different temperatures. (We recommend the infusion time of one minute)
Hope you try and enjoy the teas! In Japan, it is said that drinking shincha will bring you luck, so there are many shincha related events done in Japan.
You can look into more details on the product page from the following link: Organic Sencha Superior Green Tea
If there are any questions please feel free to ask anytime. Thank you!
Leave a comment