In ancient Japan, green tea was considered a medicine due to its known health benefits at the time. It was also something Buddhism monks used during their meditation for its calming effects. Modern science has confirmed these Japanese beliefs in green tea. Many scholars around the world have studied the health benefits of green tea and found the following:
Green tea has many amazing nutrients and substances and the following will be some of the major substances/compounds:
1. Catechin. This substance is type of polyphenol that is said to have powerful antioxidant effect. It has four type of Catechin: EC, EGC, ECG, and EGCG. The EGCGs are considered the most powerful antioxidant within the four types.
2. Vitamins. Green tea is especially abundant in Vitamin C. If you take the green tea in powder type, three servings will be equivalent to one apple. Also the organic compound beta-carotene (vitamin A precursor) is also abundant close to one serving of orange juice.
3. Theanine. It is an unique amino acid that is said to have potential ability to reduce mental and physical stress and provides a calm alertness.
There are many scholars around the world who are experimenting the health benefits of green tea. Some of these benefits are still being debated, so if you plan to use for medical purpose please consult your physician.
1. Prevents Cancer. The powerful antioxidant substance, the EGCGs, are said to prevent the development of cancer cells. There are many experiment that shows that the people who takes green tea has a low possibility of getting cancer.
2. Lowers Blood Sugar, Blood Pressure, and Cholesterol. There is an enzyme that triggers the high blood pressure called the enzyme renin. Catechin has the effect to prevent this enzyme renin to raise the blood pressure. It will also lower bad cholesterol, which makes the ratio of good and bad cholesterol more favorable for the health.
3. Boosts Metabolism. Catechin also is said to have the effect to boost metabolism and reduce the absorption of fat.
4. Relaxation. The combination of theanine and caffeine has the effect to give alert calmness.
5. Natural Deodorizer. The Catechin is said to provide antibacterial effect and eliminates odor. In Japan, used tea leaves are recommended to use as a natural air refresher.
6. Aids Fight for Dementia. Catechin protects from nerves system which leads to aids for dementia.
7. Tooth Decay. The antibacterial effect will protects from cavities and other dental issues.
8. Skin Care. The antioxidant effect from Catechin and vitamin C will protect you from aging skin. In Japan, some beauty magazines recommend to drink green tea for its skin care benefits and health benefits.
>>See Green Tea Powder Products
>>See Green Tea Loose Leaf Products
>>See Japanese Tea Pot Kyusu
*DISCLAIMER. We are not recommending green tea as a cure or remedy for any health ailments. Please consult your physician for any medical problems you may be experiencing. We seek to source current and accurate information for your general knowledge. If you know of any additional informative resources, please contact us.
A little late Happy New Year!! Hope it will be a great year for everyone:)
Today we would like to introduce our new product of tea pot kyusu.
This is one of my favorite tea pot. Also it is the tea pot that I use the most in my daily tea life. Why? Simply it is easy to use, easy to clean, and extracts great tea. It is made in a very simple structure you will see the cap is the size of the whole tea pot.
For that reason, it will be very simple to put in the teas and clean out the tea leaves. The size is very small that will actually fit on your hand.
Very good for one person and also can be used for tea drinking with 2-3 people using small tea cups. You will see the design that has the swan on the side which will be the handle.
Also Banko Yaki is known for more you use the more gloss (glint) and antique taste will appear in this tea pot. Please see the photo below, the left is the one I been using for more than one year and the one on the right is the brand new one. You can see that the color gets darker and it will show more old antique taste.
We would like to introduce the simple steps of steeping the tea.
First put approximate one forth of loose leaf tea This time we will be using ShiZen’s Organic Sencha Superior Green Tea.
Second put some warm water (around 80C)
Wait for one minute and then pour.
You can check out the product page from here—-> Banko Yaki Swan
This will be absolutely great for people who wants to start loose leaf. Also great for people who are looking for reasonably priced MADE IN JAPAN tea pots.
If there are any questions please feel free to ask anytime.
Thank you! Hope you enjoyed!
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
© 2023 ShiZen Tea.