In ancient Japan, green tea was considered a medicine due to its known health benefits at the time. It was also something Buddhism monks used during their meditation for its calming effects. Modern science has confirmed these Japanese beliefs in green tea. Many scholars around the world have studied the health benefits of green tea and found the following:
Green tea has many amazing nutrients and substances and the following will be some of the major substances/compounds:
1. Catechin. This substance is type of polyphenol that is said to have powerful antioxidant effect. It has four type of Catechin: EC, EGC, ECG, and EGCG. The EGCGs are considered the most powerful antioxidant within the four types.
2. Vitamins. Green tea is especially abundant in Vitamin C. If you take the green tea in powder type, three servings will be equivalent to one apple. Also the organic compound beta-carotene (vitamin A precursor) is also abundant close to one serving of orange juice.
3. Theanine. It is an unique amino acid that is said to have potential ability to reduce mental and physical stress and provides a calm alertness.
There are many scholars around the world who are experimenting the health benefits of green tea. Some of these benefits are still being debated, so if you plan to use for medical purpose please consult your physician.
1. Prevents Cancer. The powerful antioxidant substance, the EGCGs, are said to prevent the development of cancer cells. There are many experiment that shows that the people who takes green tea has a low possibility of getting cancer.
2. Lowers Blood Sugar, Blood Pressure, and Cholesterol. There is an enzyme that triggers the high blood pressure called the enzyme renin. Catechin has the effect to prevent this enzyme renin to raise the blood pressure. It will also lower bad cholesterol, which makes the ratio of good and bad cholesterol more favorable for the health.
3. Boosts Metabolism. Catechin also is said to have the effect to boost metabolism and reduce the absorption of fat.
4. Relaxation. The combination of theanine and caffeine has the effect to give alert calmness.
5. Natural Deodorizer. The Catechin is said to provide antibacterial effect and eliminates odor. In Japan, used tea leaves are recommended to use as a natural air refresher.
6. Aids Fight for Dementia. Catechin protects from nerves system which leads to aids for dementia.
7. Tooth Decay. The antibacterial effect will protects from cavities and other dental issues.
8. Skin Care. The antioxidant effect from Catechin and vitamin C will protect you from aging skin. In Japan, some beauty magazines recommend to drink green tea for its skin care benefits and health benefits.
>>See Green Tea Powder Products
>>See Green Tea Loose Leaf Products
>>See Japanese Tea Pot Kyusu
*DISCLAIMER. We are not recommending green tea as a cure or remedy for any health ailments. Please consult your physician for any medical problems you may be experiencing. We seek to source current and accurate information for your general knowledge. If you know of any additional informative resources, please contact us.
Today, we would like to go over how to make your own organic iced tea from organic loose leaf green tea. These iced teas will be great for you to enjoy this coming hot summer.
There are many ways to make your own iced tea, and today I would like to go over one of the simplest way you can make your own organic iced green tea.
We will be using our Teapot Kyusu Mameshibori
Once boil the water and leave the water for several minutes until it cools to approximately 122-140 F/50-60 C. While cooling the water, put approximate 1 teaspoon of organic green tea loose leaf.
This time using our Japanese Organic Green Tea.
After adding the loose leaf tea to your teapot, add water and infuse for approximately 1 1/2 minute. Usually with hot water we recommend 1 minute, but since the water temperature is low it will not get that bitter and actually you will get more umami (savory) substance by longer infusion with low temperature.
Fill your cup with ice while infusing your tea. After infusing, pour the warm green tea into the iced cup and enjoy!
The clear difference you will get comparing the instant tea and hand made iced tea are the scent/aroma and the refreshing taste. There are many other ways you can make your own organic iced tea. Next time, we would like to go over another way to make organic iced tea with organic green tea loose leaf.
Subscribe to our newsletter and always be the first to hear about what is happening.
© 2018 ShiZen Tea.